Q3. Write a note on online backup.
Ans. In online data backup, you send your data to a remote server through the Internet. You can easily restore your data in case of data loss by connecting to the remote server.
Online backup is a very convenient method for restoring data, especially for business persons on the move since it can be done from anywhere in the world.
The advantages of online backup are as follows:
- Cost less than other modes of backup.
- Does not need hardware, such as CDs and DVDs, to take the backup; it saves the user from the trouble of maintaining or repairing the hardware.
- Allows the user to restore his/her backup from any location in the world anytime.
- Provides a high level of security as the user’s data is encrypted before it is sent to the remote server.
- Keeps the backup safe from threats such as theft, fire, earthquake, and other such disasters as the backup is stored on a remote computer.