Q2. What is a well-formed document?
Ans. A well-formed XML document is the one that follows XML guidelines and uses descriptive tags. In other words, an XML document is considered well-formed if all the tags follow XML guidelines and are in their proper places in the document. You need to keep the following guidelines in mind while creating a well-formed XML document:
- The document must contain at least one element
- Must have a root element
- Elements must contain the opening and closing tags
- Document must follow the correct tag order
- XML tags must be case-sensitive
- The values of the attributes must be in double quotes