Q49. Write short notes on group system of wages payment.
Ans. When work is performed by a group of worker, then combined output of such group is measured for the purpose of wages calculation. The methods adopted for distribution of wages are as follows:
- If Member of the group are of same grade and skill: Distribute in the ratio of time devoted by each of them.
- If a member of the group have different grade and skill:
- On the basis of rate and attendance of each worker.
- Divide the wages between group of skilled worker and unskilled workers. Total wages of respective group is divided among the worker as per time ratio.
- Pay unskilled worker first as per time rate system and balance distributed among skilled worker in time ratio.