Q3. Define the various components of the user interface of BASE.
Ans. The various components of the user interface of BASE can be defined as follows:
- Title Bar: Display the title of the BASE document. The Title bar is located at the top center of the BASE window.
- Menu Bar: Contains various menus such as File, Edit, View, Insert, Tools, Window and Help. The Menu bar is located below the Title bar.
- Tool Bar: Contain various tools for performing standard tasks such as creating a new database, opening an existing database, saving a database. The toolbar is located below the menu bar.
- Database Object Buttons: Allow us to create various objects of the database such as tables, queries, forms and reports. These buttons are located in the left pane of the BASE window.
- Status Bar: Shows the progress of any task being performed in the database. The Status bar is located at the bottom of the BASE window.