Q6. What are the common symptoms of a virus attack?
Ans. The following are the common symptoms of a virus attack:
- The computer begins to run slowly.
- Unusual messages and graphics appear on the screen for inexplicable reasons.
- Music not associated with any of the open programs begins to play.
- Some program or data files on the computer either become corrupt or are difficult to locate.
- Unknown files or sub-directories are created.
- The size/dates of executable files changes on their own.
- The volume label of your hard disk changes mysteriously.
- Hardware devices begin to exhibit unusual behavior.