Q17. How can you insert multiple fields in a table?
Ans. In this question, we are using the Stud_Database database that has two tables named Faculty and Student. Let’s assume that you want to add additional fields in the Student table. For this, you first need to open the Student table in the Table Design view. After this, perform the following steps to add fields in the Student table:
- Right-click the Student table to add fields in it. A context menu appears .
- Select the Edit option from the context menu,
The Table Design window appears.
- Type the desired field name in the Field Name column to add the field in the Student table. In our case, we have typed Stud_Marks in Science.
- Press the ENTER key to move to the Field Type column to define the field type.
- Select the Number [NUMERIC] field type for the Stud_Marks in the Maths field from the Field Type column.
- Click the Save button to save data in the table.
The required fields are now added in the Student table. To view the modifications, open the table in Table Data View by double-clicking the name of the table in the BASE window. The table appears in Table Data View with the required changes.