Q18. List the advantages of e-mail.
Ans. The following are the main advantages of e-mail:
- Saves paper and allows users to edit the message easily,
- Transmits messages faster than other conventional forms of communication, such as speed post and courier service,
- Allows users to send and receive messages according to their comfort and convenience level, i.e. a user need not go to buy stamps and envelopes and then post the letter in the post office,
- Enables a user to transmit single e-mail message to multiple
- Provides the space to store incoming and outgoing e-mail
messages for future reference,
- Provides the mailbox, where a user can store the e-mail messages and delete them, if required, at user’s convenience level.