Q1. Explain abort one process at a time until the deadlock cycle is eliminated method of Deadlock Recovery of Process Termination.
Ans. This method incurs considerable overhead, since after each process is aborted, a deadlock detection algorithm must be invoked to determine whether any processes are still deadlocked.
Many factors may affect which process is chosen to abort:
- What the priority of the process is.
- How long the process has computed and how much longer the process will compute before completing its designated task.
- How many and what type of resources the process has used (For example: Whether the resources are simple to preempt).
- How many more resources the process needs in order to complete.
- How many processes will need to be terminated?
- Whether the process is interactive or batch.