Q19. Expand and explain the following terms:
Write notes on each of them.
- HTML: HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is a markup language containing tags to design Web pages. When a Web page is opened in the Web browser, the formatted content is displayed instead of tags. HTML is used to design the layout of a Web page.
- HTTP: HTTP stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol. It is used to access Web pages from a Web server over the Internet. HTTP works as a foundation for www, which
facilitates exchange of information on the Internet. HTTP allows users to access hypertext documents on WWW.
- WWW: WWW stands for World Wide Web. It consists of standards and protocols that help users to create and display multimedia files (documents that contain a combination of text, graphics, images, videos, and audio) on the Internet.
- WiMAX: WiMAX stands for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. It allows users to access broadband wireless signals up to 30 miles for fixed stations and 3-10 miles for mobile stations.
- CERN: The European Organization for Nuclear Research is known as CERN in French.
- IM: Instant Messaging