Q17. Explain techniques of ” negotiation”.
Ans. Techniques of negotiation are:
- Spiraling agreements: Begin by reaching a minimums agreement even though it is not related to the objectives and build, hit by hit, on this first agreement.
- Changing of position: Formulate the proposals in a different way, without changing the final result.
- Gathering information: Ask for the information from the other party to clarify their position.
- Making the cake bigger: Offer alternatives that makes other party agree without making changes in the terms.
- Commitments: Formalize agreements orally and in writing before ending the negotiation.