Q19. What are the special data types available in Base?
Ans. Special data types allow you to store special type of information, such as Yes/No data. The special data type is categorized in the following types:
- Yes/No [Boolean]: Refers to a Boolean data type, which helps you handle input that is either a Yes or No value.
- Image [LONGVARBINARY]: Allows you to add an image as a record in the field.
- Binary [VARBINARY]: Allows you to handle binary values. A binary value is one that is represented in the 0 and 1 format.
- Binary (fix) [BINARY]: Works in the same way as the Binary [VARBINARY] data type, except that it handles data of fixed length.
- Other [OTHER]: Allows you to handle any kind of data. This data type is used when you are unable to define the data type using the other types, such as Boolean, Image [LONGVARBINARY], Binary [VARBINARY], and Binary (fix) [BINARY].