Q3. Write down all the steps for creating a database in BASE.
Ans. You can perform the following steps to create a database in BASE:
- Select the Create a new database radio button from Database Wizard.
- Click the Next button to move to the next step
The Decide how to proceed after saving the database page appears.
- Select the Yes, register the database for me radio button to register your database in OpenOffice.
- Select the Open the database for editing check box to open the database for editing after creating it.
- Select the Create tables using the Table Wizard check box to create a table.
- Click the Finish button to save the database, as shown in
The Save dialog box appears.
- Type the desired name for the database in the Name textbox. In our case, we have typed Stud_Database.
- Select the location to save the database in the Save in folder list box. In our case, we have selected /home/DT/Documents .
- Click the Save button to save the database
The Select fields for your table page appears.
Perform the following steps to create a table in your database:
- Select the Business radio button to select the category of your table.
- Click the up and down arrow button of the Sample table’s list box. A drop-down list of table types appears.
- Select the desired table type from the list. In our case, we have selected Employees. The list of fields related to the Employees type table appears in the Available field’s list box.
- Select the desired field for the Available field’s list box.
- Click the forward arrow button to add the field in the table .
Similarly, you can add more fields in a table by following steps 13 and 14.
- Click the Next button to move to the next step.
The Set field types and formats page appears. This dialog box enables you to change the selected field properties.
- Click the Next button, if you want to go with the default settings of selected fields.
The Set primary key page appears.
- Select the Create a primary key check box to create a primary key for a table.
- Select the Define primary key as a combination of several fields radio button.
- Select the field that you want to set as a primary key from the Available field’s list box. In our case, we have selected MobileNumber.
- Click the arrow button to add the selected table as a primary key.
- Click the Next button to move to the next step, as shown in
The Create table page appears .
- Type the desired table name for your table in the What do you want to name your table? text box. In our case, we have typed Faculty.
- Select the Insert data immediately radio box.
- Click the Finish button to finish the steps of creating a table
The BASE window appears with the name of the newly created database (that is, Stud_Datbase.odb). You can view the table you created for the database in the window.