Q7. “Importance of communication is increasing day by day in the business organisation”. State the reasons for this increasing importance.
Ans. Reasons for increasing importance of communication: It is true that importance of communication is increasing day by day in the business organisations. The reasons for this growth maybe stated as:
- Growth and the size of the business organisation: An efficient systems of communication is required because the business organisations are growing tremendously. Thousands of people work in the organisation.
- Advanced Technology: In order to upgrade or modernize technology proper communication between the superior and subordinate in an organisation is must.
- Tough competition in the market: To survive in the competition, communication inform of advertisement, publicity, personal contacts is essential.
- Coordination between departments: Communication is essential for ensuring mutual co-operation and understanding between different departments.
- Trade Union Movement: A strong and meaningful relation between management and trade union is it possible only by effective communication.
- Human Relation: Effective communication between management and employee is necessary to develop mutual trust and confidence.
- Public Relations: Public relations helps an organisation to improve it’s image in society as the organisation has a social responsibility specially towards the customers.