Q18. State objectives of Central Consumer Protection Council in India.
Ans. The objectives of Central Consumer Protection Council in India are to promote and protect the rights of the consumers such as:
- Right to be protected against the marketing of goods and services which are hazardous to life and property.
- Right to be informed about quality, quantity,potency, standard and price of goods and services so as to protect the consumer against unfair trade practices.
- Right to be assured,whichever possible, access to a variety of goods and services at competitive prices.
- Right to be heard and to be assured that consumer interest will receive due consideration at appropriate terms.
- Right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices.
- Right to consumer education.