Q11. How to solve Ethical Dilemma?
Ans. An ethical dilemma must be resolved by addressing the following points:
- Define the problem clearly?
- How to define problem if you stood on other side of fence?
- How did situation arise?
- To whom are you loyal as a person and as member of organization?
- What is your intention in making this decisions?
- How does this intention compare with probable results?
- Whom could your decision or action injure?
- Can you discuss problem with affected parties before you make your decision?
- Are you confident that your position will be valid over long period?
- Could you disclose without any doubt your decision or action to your boss, your CEO, the Board of Directors, your family, society as a whole.
- What is the symbolic potential of your action if understood? Misunderstood?
- Under what conditions would you allow exceptions to your stand?