Q19. What do you understand by “ethical communication”? What are its elements?
Ans. According to the national communication association, ethical communication is fundamental to responsible thinking, decision making and the development of relationship and communities within and across contexts, cultures, channels and media. In a nutshell ethical communication have a ” well developed sense of social responsibility”.
An ethical communication is one which:
- Includes all relevant information.
- Is true in every sense and is not deceptive in any way.
- Is accurate and sincere. Avoid language that discriminates or exaggerates.
- Does not hide negative information behind an optimistic attitude.
- Does not state opinions as facts.
- Portrays graphic data fairly.