Q13. What is emotional intelligence and emotional quotient? State any six social competencies associated with emotional intelligence.
Emotional Intelligence( EI): Emotional Intelligence( EI) means the capacity to recognize your own feelings and those of others, for motivating yourself and for managing emotions in yourself and in your relationship.
Emotional Intelligence(EI) is rare skill and includes:
- Reading another person’s innermost feelings.
- Handling relationships smoothly.
Emotional Quotient: Emotional intelligence is measured through Emotional Quotient(EQ). Level of emotional intelligence in any person is called Emotional Quotient(EQ). It is the ability to make deeper connections at 3 levels:
- With Oneself( personal mastery)
- With Other ( one-to-one)
- Within Group (one to all)
How we manage our emotions and the way we related to other determines how successful and satisfied we are. Thus a large part of success in our life depends on our Emotional Quotient ( EQ). Persons with low Intelligence Questions(IQ) but high Emotional Quotient(EQ) are much more successful then the person’s with high Intelligence Question(IQ) but low Emotional Quotient( EQ).
Social competencies associated with emotional intelligence are as follows:
- Empathy: Sensing other emotions, understanding their prospective and taking active interest in their concerns.
- Organizational awareness: Leading the currents decision, networks and politics at the organizational level.
- Service: Recognizing and meeting followers, client or customer needs.
- Inspirational leadership: Guiding and motivating a compelling vision.
- Influence: wielding a range of tactics for persuasions.
- Developing others: Bolstering others abilities through coaching, feedback and guidance.