Q6. What are the common symptoms of a virus attack?
Ans. The following are the common symptoms of a virus attack:
- The computer begins to run slowly.
- Unusual messages and graphics appear on the screen for inexplicable reasons.
- Music not associated with any of the open programs begins to play.
- Some program or data files on the computer either become corrupt or are difficult to locate. Read More …
Q5. Differentiate between a cracker and a hacker.
Ans. Hackers are people who break into a computer with no malicious intention. on other hand, crackers are people who gain unauthorized access to a computer with the intention of stealing information or causing harm to the computer by destroying its software. Read More …
Q4. What do you understand by phishing?
Ans. Phishing is an illegal way of obtaining personal information, such as login name, password, and credit card details. Phishing normally takes place through email or instant messaging. In phishing, Read More …
Q3. Name some forms of virus attacks.
Ans. The most common attacks faced by the computer are as follows:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan horses
- Denial of services
- Password guessing
Q2. List the some common characteristics of a computer virus.
Ans. Common characteristics of a computer virus are as follows:
- Ability to attach itself to another program or file.
- Require an external action to activate itself.
- Can replicate itself.
Q1. Define a virus?
Ans. Virus is a harmful program, which, on entering a computer, starts creating copies of it. It then attacks by corrupting the executable files and folders saved on the computer. Similar to a biological virus, a computer virus cannot travel on its own; it needs to be attached with some other program or executable file to move from one computer to another.