Q16. What are the advantages of XML?
Ans. The advantages of XML are as follows:
- Stores data in plain text, therefore you do not need any special knowledge to understand the XML data.
- Provides a basic syntax that can be used to share information among different applications.
- XML is completely compatible with Java. In addition, it is fully portable to the extent that it can be used on large networks with multiple platforms, such as the Internet, and on palmtops.
- Allows the user to create tags according to his/her requirements.
- XML is a platform-independent language.
- Allows the user to represent hierarchical data in plain text.
- XML documents can be stored in databases.
- The user can us XML as a mechanism to exchange data over the Internet.