Q11. Answer the following questions:
- Shreenivasan is working for an IT firm where he needs to take a backup of his data of around 200MB to 400MB at the end of each day. The backup he takes everyday needs to be achieved separately for future reference. Suggest any two economic data backup devices, which he can use for this purpose.
- Differentiate between hackers and crackers with the reference to their intention and motive.
- Name one specific software/ tool for each of the following categories:
1. Anti-virus software
2. Data recovery tool
3. Online backup tool
4. Text editor to create HTML pages
5.Open Source web browser
- CD and DVD
- Hacker is a slang term for a person who is passionate about computers, one who enjoys gathering any type of information about computers and programming languages. The term is sometimes used derogatorily to mean a person who uses this knowledge to break into a computer to steal sensitive information. In simple word, hackers are people who break into a computer with no malicious intention. On the other side, crackers are the people who gain unauthorized access to a computer with the intention of stealing information or causing harm to the computer by destroying its software. However, the popular mass media finds no distinction between the two terms and uses them interchangeably.
1. Anti-virus software: Vipre
2. Data recovery tool: NTFS-reader
3. Online backup tool: Dropbox
4. Text editor to create HTML pages: Notepad2
5.Open Source web browser: Mozilla Firefox